Marinate our all-natural chicken breasts with our delicious balsamic rosemary marinade. Roast in the oven with veggies for a simple and quick dinner!
This recipe makes about 1½ cups of marinade, enough to marinate three pounds of meat. You can easily cut the recipe in half for less protein or reserve some to use as a finishing sauce.
Preparation Time: 10 minutes
- 1/3 cup rosemary leaves
- 5 garlic cloves, peeled
- 2 large shallots, peeled and roughly chopped (½ cup)
- ¼ cup soy sauce
- ¼ cup Worcestershire sauce
- 1/3 cup balsamic vinegar
- ½ cup olive oil
- 1½ teaspoons black pepper
COOKING TECHNIQUE: ROASTING
One of the most common cooking techniques, roasting is simple and quick. No matter what you’re roasting, there’s no need to worry about cooking too much — leftovers are great for sandwiches, salads, breakfast hash, or on their own.
WHAT YOU WILL NEED:
- Canola oil or olive oil
- Kosher salt or sea salt
- Ovenproof or roasting pan with rack
- Battery operated meat thermometer
Tip: Choose a pan large enough to snugly hold the chicken you are roasting.
- Prior to cooking, defrost your chicken. There are two ways to safely defrost:
- Remove your meat from the freezer 24 hours prior to cooking and place it in the fridge to defrost.
- Place your meat in a bowl under cold, running water. Choose a bowl large enough to keep the meat fully submerged in water while defrosting. Do not remove the meat from its packaging until it’s defrosted.
- Remove the chicken from its packaging and place on a plate lined with a paper towel to pat dry. Wet meat won’t get the desired caramelization when roasting.
- Place an oven rack in the center of the oven to ensure your pan fits. Also make sure there’s enough room for your meat.
- Rinse the rosemary under cold water and pat dry with paper towels. Remove the rosemary leaves from the stems. Trim both ends of the shallots with a small knife, remove the peel, and roughly chop into ¼-inch pieces. Trim the root end off of the garlic cloves with a small knife and remove the peel.
- Place all ingredients in a blender and blend on the highest setting until smooth.
- Place your meat into a plastic Ziploc bag and add the marinade. Refrigerate for at least three hours, and up to 10 hours before cooking.
LET’S GET COOKING!
- When you’re ready to cook, preheat the oven to 425 degrees.
- Remove the Ziploc bag with your marinating chicken from the refrigerator. Allow your meat to sit at room temperature for one hour prior to roasting.
- Place the chicken in the pan and set the timer for 45 minutes.
- To test your chicken is cooked through, insert your thermometer into the chicken and remove from the oven once an internal temperature reaches 160 degrees.
- If your chicken requires more time, continue cooking and check the temperature every five minutes until the proper temperature is reached.
- Allow the chicken to rest for five minutes for every eight ounces.
- Serve with your choice of sides!