Preparation Time: 5 minutes, plus at least one hour to marinate
Cook Time: 10-15 minutes
- 2 Shish Kabobs
- 1 yogurt marinade recipe
- 1 1/2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Reserve 1/4 of the marinade to use as a dipping sauce for the kabobs.
- Place the kabobs on a platter and using your hands, rub the remaining marinade all over the outside of both kabobs.
- Place kabobs in a Ziplock bag and pour the excess marinade from the platter into the bag. Allow the kabobs to marinate in the refrigerator for at least one hour and up to four hours.
- If using charcoal to grill, remove the grate from your grill and use a chimney starter or lighter fluid to light the charcoal. Arrange the charcoal on the right side of the grill. Drizzle canola or grapeseed oil onto a cloth or towel and rub the grill grate until it has a light coating of oil on the surface. Place the grate back on top of the grill and close the cover for five to ten minutes to allow the grill to get hot. If you’re grilling with gas, drizzle canola or grapeseed oil onto the cloth or towel and rub the grill grate until it has a light coating of oil on the surface. Turn the right side of the grill onto high and close the cover for ten minutes to allow the grill to get hot.
- Season the marinated kabobs on all sides with the kosher salt and ground black pepper.
- Place the kabobs directly over the coals of the grill. Cook the kabobs, turning frequently, until lightly charred on all sides and a probe thermometer inserted into the thickest part of the meat registers 125-degrees.
- Allow the kabobs to rest for five minutes before serving.