Aji Verde is spicy, tangy, and full of flavor, and good on everything, but particularly chicken. It is likewise super easy to make.
Preparation time: 15 minutes
- 1 ½ cups cilantro leaves
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons sour cream
- 1 tablespoon grated parmesan cheese
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled and roughly chopped (1 tablespoon)
- 1 large jalapeno, stem removed and roughly chopped (1/3 cup)
- ¼ cup canola oil
- 1 ½ teaspoons lime juice
- ¾ teaspoon white wine vinegar or champagne vinegar
- ¼ teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Rinse the cilantro under cold water, pat dry with paper towel, and remove the stems.
- Remove and discard the stem of the jalapeno and roughly chop into ½-inch pieces.
- Trim the root end of the garlic cloves with a small knife, remove the peel, and roughly chop.
- Place all sauce ingredients, except for the canola oil, into a blender and blend on high speed until a paste has formed.
- Turn the blender to low speed and slowly drizzle in the canola oil.