The grill is hot, the drinks are cold, and all that’s left for a deliciously fun red, white, and blue, is the food. Whether you’re a first-time host or a seasoned entertainer, it’s easier than ever to serve up a gourmet BBQ meal like the adult you are (read: hot dogs are for children). And all without breaking the bank. Here’s how.
For starters, think about quality.
Save the ketchup and mustard hot dogs for ballgames, and treat your guests to a surf and turf worthy of fine-dining praise.
Skip the local grocery store whose quality and prices are bush league and consider paying your local butcher and seafood shop a visit instead. Or keep things easy and reasonably priced, and opt for SteakChop for easy and affordable home delivery.
American-sourced and unparalleled in taste and tenderness, SteakChop packs only offer USDA Prime beef, wild-caught seafood, Berkshire pork, and all-natural chicken, for less than $6 per serving.
Secondly, prep in advance.
The backyard BBQ pros at SteakChop recommend you marinate and season your meat and seafood the day before.
Not only will this allow you to spend more time with your guests, your food will be more flavorful and richer in taste.
Quick tips when marinating and seasoning:
- DO marinate food in the refrigerator.
- DO cover marinating meat and seafood.
- DO NOT use aluminum containers or foil for marinating, as acids may react and result in a metallic-tinged flavor.
- DO NOT use marinade from raw meat and seafood as a sauce.
- DO NOT use leftover marinade for other food.
Lastly, add sides that complement your gourmet grilling.
Instead of chips and onion dip, serve up sides and snacks that are just as easy to whip up, and will taste deliciously better with your meat and seafood, such as:
- Add plenty of vegetables to the mix! Veggies that grill well include eggplant, zucchini, mushrooms, bell peppers, corn, asparagus, tomatoes, and leeks.
- For dips, think Mediterranean—hummus, baba ghanoush, and tzatziki.
- Elevate your salad by adding a little sweet to your savory. A watermelon and feta salad or peach caprese salad has less than five ingredients and is effortlessly adult.
This Fourth is one for the culinary books. Fire up the grill and get cookin’! Learn more about how SteakChop works, and our packs today.